Featured Links:
  • Funding your education

    Find out about the support you are entitled to.

How do you finance your traineeship?

There are several ways to finance your education at GPB College.

  • Training support payments (German BAföG)
  • Student loans (German Bildungskredit)
  • Family allowance (German Kindergeld)

We will be happy to provide you with detailed information and answer your personal questions at our information events.

Training support payments (German BAföG)

Training at GPB College (state-approved substitute school) is generally eligible for BAföG funding. When your application is approved, you will receive individually calculated monthly benefits that do not have to be reimbursed.

You apply for a training support payments at "Amt für Ausbildungsförderung".


  • Eligibility of the training: Yes
  • Nationality: Special conditions for non-Germans
  • Age: Special conditions apply to people over 30 years of age
  • Secondary education: Special conditions apply if you have already completed or dropped out of another course.

Further information on BAföG:

  • BAföG-Hotline: 0800 2236341 (toll-free), Monday to Friday 8:00 - 20:00 hrs

Student loans (German Bildungskredit)

The KfW-Bank education loan finances part of your costs as a student with EUR 100, 200 or 300 per month. It can be applied for from the second year of training and is paid out for up to 24 months.

Short information:

  • Monthly payments of 100, 200 or 300 euros
  • One-time payment of a partial sum possible
  • Independent of income
  • No collateral required
  • 0.47 % effective annual interest rate

We will be happy to present the educational loan to you at our information events and answer your personal questions.

Family allowance (German Kindergeld)

If you are under 25 years of age, your parents will continue to receive family allowance for you.

In Germany, the monthly family allowance for the first and second child is 190 euros each, 225 euros for the third child and 250 euros for the fourth and each additional child.

The application for family allowance is accepted by the "Familienkasse der Bundesagentur für Arbeit".