A master of languages
Build a bridge of understanding between people with different mother tongues.
As an interpreter, you are responsible for ensuring that people of different languages and cultures can communicate with each other at any time and in any place. Excellent language skills are essential for this, not only a good knowledge of the foreign language, but also a fine and reliable feeling for the language.
- Successful graduation as a translator in economics, technology and environment
- Participation in our information meeting
As an interpreter, you speak several languages and build a bridge of understanding between people with different mother tongues. You translate the source language into the target language and vice versa. This is usually done orally. The fast and precise juggling in another language makes you a talent for communication and language.
The language of instruction is mainly German except in the foreign language lessons.
The basic requirements for the traineeship as an interpreter are:
- The ability to express yourself well, both orally and in writing
- Good communication skills
- Good concentration skills
- Enjoying contact with others
As an interpreter, you will take on duties of responsibility in companies in all sectors of the economy.
- In translation companies
- In interpreting service providers
- In EU institutions
- In government offices at local or national level
- In large companies in various sectors of the economy
Or you will work as a freelance interpreter.
Due to the increasing globalisation, your chances will continue to grow. Particularly interpreters who have specialised in a rare language are very much in demand on the job market. Because more and more companies have business partners in Asia or in the USA, and outsource their translation needs to external providers.