At the end of the autumn vacations, a Corona step-by-step plan is in place for the regular assessment of infection incidence at Berlin elementary school, secondary schools of general education and vocational schools. Four stages are planned, each of which specifies special measures for school operation and hygiene protection.
Due to the current development of infections, the Senate Administration has decided to declare the level "yellow" for all schools for the first week of classes as a precautionary measure. This status will then be reviewed at the end of the teaching week and redefined if necessary.
The level "yellow" means concrete:
- We continue to teach according to the regular schedule, i.e. we teach according to the weekly timetable.
- At school (as has been the case since the beginning of the school year) it is compulsory to wear a mouth-nose cover.
- New and additional for the level "yellow": All students and teachers are required to wear a mouth-nose-cover in closed rooms also during lessons.
- Wherever possible, a minimum distance of 1.5 meters should be maintained (corridors, cafeteria, outdoor areas, etc.).
- The elevator may be entered by a maximum of 2 persons at the same time.
- Use of the staircases (entrance and exit) according to signs, exit only in the direction of Beuthstraße (passage across the courtyard to Seydelstraße is not permitted).
- No school attendance in case of cold symptoms, please contact your doctor (there is still the existing obligation to provide proof in case of missed classes).
- Travel returnees please follow the official rules of the state of Berlin.
If these measures should change, we will inform you, otherwise the previously determined status will continue to apply.
Further information can be found here.